Friday, November 13, 2015

November 13th Update


As you all know I have Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease and been on dialysis for 5 years. I just got news that I'm now "Active" on transplant list for a kidney here in Spokane, Washington. I had my first kidney/pancreas transplant almost 17 years ago coming up January 1st at UCSF, San Francisco, California. I used to live in California for almost 47 years til we moved up here to be closer to my sisters and my husband's brothers.   whoohoo after my 2 months hospital stay last year after went in for ovaries removal but ended up having sepsis, intestine tear, internal bleeding and mild heart attack. I was in ICU most of the time flat on the bed, hooked up with ventilator and drugged up. I couldn't walk, talk due to having ventilator shoved down my throat twice, climb up stairs/curbs. I went to rehabilation hospital to relearn how to walk, talk/swallow and climb upstairs. It was a struggle for me but I made it through. Now I kicked ass going through all the transplant preparations last year and again this year and had to get my dental work done (the major ones) but still need to get the other two done within 6 months and got "Active" on the darn transplant list. now it will be anytime in the near future i'll get a deceased donor's kidney. i do not have any live donor and nobody in my family can donate cuz of health issues, etc.  my mom was gonna donate back in 2008 but couldn't cuz she's pre-diabetic. :(  but all is good.  yay soo happpy

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment