Saturday, August 19, 2017

August

Hiya everyone!


Wow its August already, dang time went by fast. Monday we will see the Eclipse, awesome, can't wait to see it.  Got news early August that I got denied for kidney transplant due to severe coronary artery disease, apparently i had mild heart attack and my heart stopped and they revived me back in 2014 when I went in for ovaries removal per transplant team's request cuz think i had cancer but i didn't and ended up having complications, leaking and sepsis (my stomach got really big) and they cleaned it out and intestine tear and internal bleeding. ugh had to stay in hospital for 2 months including rehabilitation hospital cuz i had to relearn how to walk, climb stairs and talk (the ventilator breathing tube messed up my vocal cords and i had trouble swallowing). I made it through. my dad kept saying I'm one lucky gal to go through what i went through.   So right now i'm taking a break and continue to go hemodialysis but eventually when I'm ready I want to go see cardiologist and see what I can do to make my heart better plus eat healthy, stop diet pepsi. I haven't went to fast foods in awhile cuz of stomach issues so we don't go out much like we used to which is good. then try again at bigger high risk hospitals in Seattle. I originally had my first kidney/pancreas transplant 18 years ago at UCSF, San Francisco. Pancreas (yes i'm diabetic free) still good after 18 years but kidney only lasted 12 years and i've been on dialysis 7 1/2 years now. ugh its exhausting.


Wishing my Dad a Happy 75th Birthday on 22nd and my best long time friend LisaH a Happy Birthday on 16th.

Take care and enjoy last days of Summer!

Kat 

No comments:

Post a Comment